Randstad Technologies is seeking a Software Testing Analyst for an opportunity in Overland Park, KS. Creates and maintains the processes of the division's quality program. Also provides consulting for software development or operations processes, quality practices, quality audits, and software measurements to product development or operations teams within the division and to clients.
location: Leawood, Kansas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades Manual or Automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Perform usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
- Controls and manages own daily test activities.
- Provides internal quality assurance.
- Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and maintains the test script library.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a record of test progress and test results.
- Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope.
- Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
- Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in software testing.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in at least one (1) object-oriented language
- Knowledge of functions, features, and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients' needs
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public
skills: Team Player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.