Development-Software Eng III
Write, modify, and debug software for client applications. Use source debuggers and visual development environments. Test and document software for client applications. Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services. 7 years of experience are required.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Minimum Requirements: ("Must have" Qualifications)
Architect, configure, deploy and manage Elasticsearch clusters, nodes and indexes associated with search capabilities
- Automate and innovate new ways to manage large database clusters and improve existing Elasticsearch performance
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud computing space, such as AWS or GCP/Azure
- Provide Fanatical Support to all of our customers (portfolio or product based) through innovative solutions
- Create sustainable and maintainable environments for our NoSQL and Elasticsearch arenas
- Architect and deploy Elastic Cloud Enterprise.
- Configure Logstash and Beats to collect data necessary to meet consumer requirements.
- Configure X-Pack plugins to include Security, Watcher, Machine Learning, Monitoring, Graph, and Reporting.
- Design, implement, and configure Kibana visualizations and dashboards.
- Modernizing ETL pipelines through the use of Kafka and Elastic.
- Maintaining Kafka connectors to move data between systems.
- Working with enterprise architects to advise on best practices for Elasticsearch both on prem and in the cloud.
- Experience training, mentoring and leading an emerging team is beneficial.
- Knowledge of CI/CD Tools, primarily Jenkins
- Cloud Formation/Helm/Drone.
- Deployment and support of containers such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and development pipeline processes.
- Manage and monitor real-world production environments.
- IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Managing deployments using revision control source code repositories
- Work closely with Big Data and AWS cloud technology groups.
- Managing Elasticsearch clusters & creating tools to automate and improve clusters' reliability and performance.
- Design and implement CCR and DR solutions for Elasticsearch.
- Lead and participate in On-Call rotation for production support.
- Desired Skills/Qualifications/System Experience requirements: ("Nice to have Qualifications")
NOTE: If you require specific years of experience for the Qualifications, please outline accordingly)
BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent work experience (8-10 years' DBA experience).
- Strong data analysis skills; ability to independently write scripts/code to parse and analyze complex data.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting. Key participant in capacity planning and growth projections
- Support application deployments to production including performance and functional testing.
- Define and implement backup and archival strategies per data retention requirements
- Automate routine tasks with scripts
- Monitor and maintain system health and ensure efficient operation
- Work with cross functional teams planning, modeling, and implementing solutions utilizing Kafka and Elasticsearch technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Elastic (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- 8+ years of experience supporting Linux environments.
- 8+ years of experience with Shell scripting.
- Field and document modeling for fast and efficient searching and loading.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible is a required.
- Elasticsearch Engineer I or II certification.
skills: - Experience with Elasticsearch Beats packages a plus.
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies a plus.
- Experience in parsing logs with GROK and regex.
- Experience in Painless scripting, mustache, Java, Apache, Confluent, Spark, SQL, Hadoop.
- Experience in Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), Source code Management (GitHub/Gitlab).
- Experience with other features of Elastic Stack (Canvas, Elasticsearch-SQL, and Elasticsearch-Hadoop)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.