job summary: User Experience Business Analyst
Our client is seeking an analytical thinker who can translate business needs into technology solutions that enable premier Guest experiences. Your role will be to define requirements for technology solutions through analysis of business problems and end-user needs. You will frame the problems to be solved, not solve the problems, and elicit and manage the real needs of internal partners and end users, serving as the conduit for requirements to our technical team. What would our engineers do without top-notch analysts telling them what to do? An Analyst is involved at some level throughout the entire project life cycle, from requirements baseline through verification of fulfillment.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 41 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the project and development teams to provide guidance and direction regarding user experience during requirements definition through to delivery of the final solution.
- Ensure alignment to user needs, business goals, technical feasibility, and implementation quality.
- Facilitate planning and scoping sessions, user experience co-creation sessions, and workshops with stakeholders.
- Elicit, validate, and document requirements for technology changes.
- Responsible for the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements and quality attributes.
- Evaluate current systems and processes to determine required changes.
- Benchmark processes and best practices.
- Formulate and present recommendations.
- Define and/or develop relevant business processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for at least one application and/or business process.
- Support product development strategy, road-map, and direction.
qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & EDUCATION) EXPERIENCE:
- 2.87-5.91 years' experience
- Proven ability to contribute in a multi-team environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Level:
- Develop high-level concepts for features and functionality, and document through the creation of wireframes, user experience flows, site maps, and prototypes
- Requirements Modeling and Traceability
- SDLC methodologies
- Packaged Software Evaluation
- Project Management Lifecycle
- Ability to create UAT scenarios
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Confluence and Jira
- Proficient Level:
- Lead demos and/or UAT
- Self -motivated
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical/non-technical audiences
- Ability to explain rationale behind decisions
- Time management skills
- Preferred Level:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and InVision
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.