Sr. Network Engineer
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Network Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pleasanton, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $56.50 - 59.84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
responsibilities: Network Operation Center Sr Network Engineer
This position is for a Senior Network Engineer within the Network Services organization supporting KP's Load Balancing infrastructure. KP operates within a ITIL framework that leverages a PBR (Plan, Build, Run) model. This position will directly support all aspects within the Network Operations Center (NOC). The NOC is a 24x7 environment. Shift flexibility is required and may include working nights, weekends, Holidays and on an on-call basis when necessitated.
Potential candidates submitting for this position must show the ability to think both critically and creatively, independently and cooperatively, and be flexible and agile. Must possess the ability and self-confidence to adapt to rapid or major change, be curious with a desire to learn, have the ability to influence across the team and to champion change with a profound understanding of the importance of teamwork. Potential candidates must show strong technical engineering and operations skills, strong customer focus, and excellent analytical, problem solving, oral, telephone, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Provide consultation with applications teams on Load Balancing designs
- Engineering and deployment of Load Balancing configurations for applications
- Support for the Load Balancing environment on a 7x24x365 basis
- Life Cycle management for both hardware and software of the Load Balancing appliances
- Design, implementation and management of Load Balancing appliances
- 5 years related Network Engineering and/or Operations experience (or similar IT experience)
- 5 years minimum experience managing and support for a Load Balancing environment
- Detailed knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- Detailed knowledge of F5 BIG-IP DNS formerly known as Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- Strong understanding of the following:
- TLS/SSL encryption and certificate management
- Load Balancing concepts and algorithms
- OSI model
- Linux/Unix Operating systems
- High Availability Models and Appliances Architectures
- Knowledge and experience using a trouble ticketing system.
- Experience using network monitoring systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively document network outages and activities performed through outage restoration.
- Experience in the Health Care Industry.
- F5 Certified Administrator (CA)
- F5 Certified Technical Specialist (CTS) for BIG-IP LTM
- F5 Certified Technical Specialist (CTS) for BIG-IP DNS
- Minimum 5 years' exp in planning, design, and implementation of network/security infrastructure or security solutions, including Minimum 2 years leading the configuration, implementation, and operation of security technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications or MIS or Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum 8 years' exp in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies, systems development, and/or networking.
- Issue resolution and management.
- Attention To Detail - The ideal candidate must possess the ability to scrutinize and discern minute details, be extremely methodical, analytical, and diligent.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions/conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking / Articulation - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Effective communicator
- Adaptable, and the ability to learn new skills and principals quickly
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and shift focus rapidly.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.