job summary: Summary:
- Translate requirements created by functional analysts into the architecture for that solution and describing it through the set of architecture and design documents.
- Lead in the creation and maintenance of documentation related to solutions mentioned above.
- Ensure selected solutions are technically and operationally feasible
- Design, develop & prototype Android native customer applications for internal and external use.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $67 - 77 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Participate in full app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store.
- Work with product teams on new product ideas and strategy.
- Adhere to all enterprise standards as they relate to the proposed solution
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
qualifications: Required Skills
- B.S. or greater Computer Science, related field, or commensurate practical experience OR demonstrable equivalent professional experience
- Over 6+ years of hands-on experience developing applications in Java/J2EE and on any platform (mobile, web, etc.)
- Over 4+ years of strong hands on experience in Android (Java) native app design and development.
- Strong mobile UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping
- A rock solid understanding of object-oriented design patterns and Java.
- Experience with multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Passion for analyzing and improving runtime efficiency and memory footprint.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Public showcase and repository of Mobile Apps and work desirable.
- Developer tools: Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse JSON/XML Web services Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration Test Driven Development (TDD) Jenkins Network layer like Volley Retrofit
- Lead, train, guide and mentor other developers on the team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.