Audio Visual Project Manager
Under the supervision of the Manager for Collaborative Media Services, this position supports the audio-visual development needs of client. The Audio-Visual Project Manager is responsible for the development of audio-visual systems located throughout the Client system. This position is also responsible for providing Project Management and consulting services for large integration and upgrade projects at Client entities. The audiovisual project manager is also responsible for the design and support of discrete streaming, recording, and editing systems located in various conference rooms throughout Client hospitals. Additional responsibilities include maintaining monthly metrics on all audio-visual activity, maintaining an equipment inventory, and coordinating tasks.
location: Somerville, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide Project Management services for medium to large audio-visual integration projects at Client facilities, such as new buildings under construction or high-use, high-visibility conference rooms and amphitheatres. Project Management services include scoping the project with end-users, producing an audio-visual design with recommendations that fit the desired timeline and budget, handling vendor bidding and selection, overseeing vendor workmanship, signing-off on the work performed, and providing end-user documentation and training.
2. Provide programmatic, technical, and event support for video technology located at various hospital sites. Responsibilities include responding to trouble tickets from physicians and end-users, assisting in the coordination of events where the video technology will be used for educational purposes, drafting policies and procedures regarding the proper use of the technology, and vendor management.
3. Maintain and support the Crestron Fusion application for the remote monitoring of audio-visual equipment located in collaborative meeting spaces throughout Client.
4. Provide Project Management support, consulting, advice, maintenance, and integration work, as needed by request or by any existing rotations for all conference rooms and collaborative meeting spaces
5. Work closely and effectively with senior level stakeholders on major audio-visual initiatives and projects, providing expert advice, reports, and documentation as needed. Provide quick and friendly service to all customers seeking audio-visual assistance, maintenance, or advice.
6. Provide floor plans, electrical diagrams, network designs, and other pre-construction documentation necessary for successful audio-visual project planning in new construction facilities
7. Complete monthly billing invoices and track existing purchase orders for all audio-visual projects. Work closely with the department's business manager to track receivables, collect on outstanding invoices, and meet monthly revenue targets.
8. Provide primary technology consulting services for proposed clinical applications, using knowledge of videoconferencing systems and how they integrate into a clinical setting.
9. Responsible for completing and maintaining monthly metrics related to all audio-visual activity.
10. Provide internal customers with assistance in setting up conferences and audio-visual equipment in a professional and courteous manner. Some in-room audio-visual and videoconferencing support may be required.
11. Provide audio-visual planning (to include design, timeline, budget, vendor relations, and support) to large events conducted on behalf of Client departments, such as symposia, conferences, and seminars.
12. Provide after-hours technical support for clinical applications utilizing audio-visual and/or videoconferencing equipment as part of a pager rotation schedule.
13. Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all assigned conference rooms to avoid the failure of audio-visual equipment and systems. Maintain an inventory of replacement equipment and bulbs appropriate for each assigned conference room to allow for quick responsiveness in the event of an equipment failure.
14. Respond to audio-visual related trouble-tickets as needed.
15. Work closely with the Audio-Visual Engineer I in the coordination of workflow, prioritization of tasks, timelines for the completion of monthly maintenance, and providing assistance on projects/jobs that require additional resources.
16. Handle specially assigned projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- 5+ years experience in the design and development of audio-visual control systems; experience and/or knowledge of audio-visual needs within a healthcare environment (e.g., clinical spaces)
- CTS Certification preferred
- CTS-D Certification and project management experience desired
skills: Skills/Abilities/Competencies Required
1. Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, products, components, and vendors.
2. Strong knowledge and experience in designing and installing integrated audio-visual and videoconference build-outs with competency in programming touch panel controllers and other equipment (such as document cameras).
3. CTS Certified, CTS-D Certification desired but not required.
4. AMX/Crestron Certification strongly desired but not required.
5. Writing experience necessary.
6. Experience and knowledge of streaming technology.
7. Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to repair/replace parts as needed.
8. Must possess superior organizational skills and detail orientation with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
9. Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
10. Ability to effectively interact with high-level management and stakeholders.
11. Audio-Visual experience in a healthcare environment highly desired.
12. Appreciation of cultural differences and ability to work with multiple international Client and colleagues.
13. Customer service and detail oriented.
14. Ability to meet recurring monthly deadlines.
15. Some familiarity with videoconference and collaborative tools technology desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.