Lead UX Developer
In this role, the individual will lead all design and development activities and successfully deploy new systems and enhancements. The Lead Software Engineer is a strong technical leader and developer. This is a great opportunity to join our team and design lasting solutions for Content Management applications.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 63 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead design and development efforts
- Recommend system designs and incrementally improve maintainability and functionality
- Provide practical technical solutions to business problems
- Deliver solutions balancing the technical needs of the application with prioritized business requests
- Clearly communicate with all members of the applications, infrastructure, and business teams to ensure understanding
- Produce clear UX designs that are uncluttered and straightforward
- Create and implement development standards and best practices
- Articulate and document design decisions and technical concepts concisely and in an organized manner
- Proactively identify major issues, risks, and dependencies, and manage them to minimize impact to the overall implementation
- 6+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Must possess relevant hands-on experience including the following technologies: NodeJS, AWS, .NET, RESTful web services, PowerShell, Office 365 and SharePoint
- Knowledge of enterprise development, including GitHub and automated deployment software
- Ability to understand legacy in-house applications and highly complex and interrelated systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
- Flexibility: ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
skills: 1. Experience working as a lead technical developer managing/leading at least 1 offshore resource and have experience working in a client facing role supporting analysts to better understand their needs.
2. Experience working/developing within Office 365. We are going thru the process of supporting/decommissioning the current intranet platform (Office 365 with inhouse developed front end) to a Office 365/AWS SAAS environment.
4. Agile and DevOps experience is very helpful. DevOps work that needs to be done will include that they make sure that when they are testing that it is not in production and that you have a process of putting it into production.
5. AWS experience is a big +
6. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and someone that is proactive that takes ownership of their work.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.