Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager
Our large retail client is in need of a Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager for a long-term contract in their Deerfield, IL office.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Domain experience includes moving complex solutions from data center / on premise to a cloud environment.
Additionally, the work will include moving a federated complex data layer so a resource with experience on maintaining the quality of reporting output before, during and after the migration is a huge plus for the role.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of project management experience
- Extensive experience developing project plan including charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, financial forecast and schedule.
- Extensive experience in working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels
- Experience managing project budgets of at least $1M
- Strong communication skills
- Solid problem solving and analysis skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- IT project management experience
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred
skills: General Work Description:
- Manages large size, complex projects to achieve key business objective goals
- Creates, monitors, and updates project plan. Helps establish work plan and assists with the staffing for projects
- Provides management and strategic direction to cross-functional project teams
- Accountable for managing project budget and schedule
- Reviews and may provide input into the project/technical scope definition
- Coordinates development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents
- Proactively works with project teams to identify project risks and issues
- Assists with the resolution of issues/risks and escalates when appropriate
- Represents the company with contractors, suppliers, business partners and other parties as required
- Coordinates activities of project teams to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget
- Recommends and makes adjustments to the project plan and staffing
- Effectively monitors, measures, and communicate project status to project stakeholders and executives
- Participates in team members performance assessments and mentors junior PMs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.