Randstad is seeking an Enterprise Windows Migration Consultant who will be responsible for supporting Windows desktop and virtual migrations, technology assessments, driving planning, design and implementation/execution of enterprise scale migrations, covering desktop OS, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Office 365,and cloud infrastructure in a fast-paced consultative environment. This is a customer-facing and technology focused role. You are the subject matter expert and you thrive on hands on implementation and sharing your well researched opinion with customers and partners.
100% Remote position
location: Frisco, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
As an Enterprise Windows Migration Consultant you will:
- Assess, design and implement migrations supporting client needs
- Provide analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess readiness gaps
- Develop technical standards upon which implementation designs are based, often in consultation with Technology Architects - Knows how to write standards
- Address problems and research questions within the assigned technology domains and implementations
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years experience in a customer-facing role (can be internal IT customer)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of migration experience
- Proven experience with prior windows OS desktop migrations (XP to Windows 7/Vista/Windows 8.1) using industry standard tools (SCCM/MDT)
- Proven experience with windows 10 OS desktop migrations (Windows 7/Vista/8.1 to Windows 10) using industry standard tools (SCCM/MDT)
- Experience creating/managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of security baseline settings for Windows 10 client desktops.
- Experience creating/managing Microsoft Active Directory GPOs to manage Windows 10 features and settings (i.e. App Locker, Secure boot, Windows Hello, Device Guard)
- Experience converting end user systems from BIOS to UEFI booth technology
- Experience creating Windows 10 gold images and configuration of Default user profile/start menu layouts
- Experience creating Windows upgrade and deployment Task Sequences in SCCM or MDT
- Experience with hardening Windows operating systems to STIG compliance
- Experience creating and managing Windows 10 as a Services (WaaS)
- Must have Windows 10 Migration and Windows 10 upgrade/deployment projects experience
- Must have SCCM OSD experience
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMware Horizon) required
- High-level communication skills to influence and persuade others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Ability to write design (and related) documents.
- Experience creating and utilizing powershell scripts to automate common functions a must
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with O365, Exchange, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, MS Office Suite and Cloud a plus
- Experience with InfoBlox, SharePoint and Okta a plus
- Proven Windows 10 migration experience
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
- Experience working with Windows Upgrade Analytics in OMS/Azure
- Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural and design needs.
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Microsoft Baseline Security and Policy Analyzer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.