Sr. Systems Engineer
We're seeing a Sr. Systems Engineer to design, build, deploy and support video delivery infrastructure, including live/VOD origin, CDN integrations, Mutli-CDN routing/decisioning systems, and QoS/QoE measurement. Our client is responsible for delivering the largest LIVE events on TV
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
This role is essential to providing our digital audience a great experience every time they press play and it will be key to developing industry leading reliability, quality, and overall system performance. As a systems engineer, you will be working in an extremely fast paced environment where you'll be expected to learn the ecosystem quickly and help build automated, highly scalable and resilient delivery infrastructure for video streaming.
Work closely with Engineering/Product/Project Management and Backend Technology Services teams to build highly scalable/reliable video infrastructure in AWS Cloud and CDN delivery services - including various configurations, routing policies/tools, and services to load-balance video traffic based on QoS/QoE data.
- 7+ years of experience in a systems engineering role
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with various CDN vendors (configuration management)
- Well versed in DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking, security and large scale event delivery
skills: Required Activities
- Build, configure, manage, test, & monitor Multi-CDN services capable of supporting millions of concurrent viewers
- Implement, test, analyze, and iterate policies for CDN and workflow load balancing - optimizing for end user quality and balancing for business constraints/costs
- Partner with various internal teams + external companies during marquee events to execute overall Multi-CDN delivery strategy
- Develop, configure, test and deploy cloud based video infrastructure (encode, packaging, origin, APIs, monitoring, etc)
- Design and configure robust video services with demanding reliability, resiliency, and scale requirements.
- Monitor and implement performance tests for potential bottlenecks
- Implement security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Provide technical specifications and documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.