Senior System Administrator
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related degree required.
- Industry standard certifications such as: RHCSA / RHCE / LPIC / MCSA / MCSE is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of Application Support experience required.
- Seven or more years' experience working in a Red Hat Linux server environment.
- Strong administrative knowledge of enterprise system software architecture and LAMP based software, hardware, protocols, standards, and best practices.
- Proven expertise in Kubernetes Container Orchestration, Docker Containers, and/or Amazon AKS
- Assist development teams in migration of applications to Docker based PaaS platform
- Design and implement required failover mechanisms within the Docker/Kubernetes ecosystems
- Experience with Mesos DC/OS, Rancher and Docker Swarm is an advantage but not required
- Must have experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and technologies.
- High level of expertise with IT automation tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins.
- Experience implementing, migrating, maintaining, and supporting technologies like Citrix, Active Directory, VMware vSphere and VMWare Horizon.
- Experience with distributed version control systems, such as Git and GitHub is preferred.
- Familiarity with Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Redis, and Magento.
- Experience in web and network security is essential.
- Experience developing and managing backup, business continuity and disaster recovery strategies for large, distributed application environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong, flexible team player that works to meet both personal and organization goals.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop mutually beneficial, positive relationships to successfully interact in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management and technical subject matter experts alike.
- Must be able to work off hours and weekend in an on-call capacity if required.
location: Center Valley, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the design, configuration, and implementation of thin-client, shared services systems; facilitates the maintenance and support of applications; guides the team on issues related to the design, configuration, and deployment of shared services information and web-based software systems. Establishes, communicates and enforces departmental policies relating to standards, information and customer security and operational processes.
- Oversees the day-to-day operational support of the environment including: new system delivery, change requests, proactive availability and performance monitoring, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and the resolution of system issues.
- Communicates with application developers, and provides solutions where necessary to ensure proper system performance and security.
- Coordinates periodic upgrades and install service patches as required.
- Ensures that project plans proceed as scheduled and are enforced or modified if needed.
skills: Designs and implements short/long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements and interprets and administers policies, processes and procedures for work units. - Ensures adherence to governance oversight as defined by Change Management, Release Management, Security and Compliance.
- Conducts feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Works with applications teams and/or developers to diagnose application issues and/or improve performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.