Our client is currently seeking a Senior Developer for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity located in San Ramon, CA.
Open to candidates across Northern California, the work location is flexible but must be willing to meet in person every couple of weeks for agile sprint reviews (in San Ramon).
1. Strong development experience, preferred in some of the following:
- The Python procedural language
- The SQL data language
- The Erlang functional language
- The GFM domain-specific language
- The Go procedural language
- The XML data language
- The Clojure math language
- The Haskell functional language
2. Application Security experience
3. Cloud (AWS) experience
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in implementation of Security Standards, based on organization's Security policy and IT organization, with guidance from a senior member of Cloud COE or Cloud Security Manager
- Advises on implementation of basic security standards and controls for Cloud solutions
- Assists with implementation of standardized solutions to facilitate the secure access for one product or Application in the Cloud environment, with assistance from a more senior member of the Cloud COE
- Identity and Access Management (IAM), Identity Federation / SSO
- SIEM and Audit Logging (CloudTrail & Config)
- Management of Security Groups and ACLs, Perimeter security with WAF and Shield DDoS
- Data-in-Transit / Certificate Management, Data-at-Rest / Key/Secret Management
- Assists with design of available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems, with help from senior member of Cloud COE team
- Familiar with AWS design principles and Security best practices and industry standards for security
- Assists with implementation of Cloud Architecture solution, based on defined security standards for Cloud COE - from an Application and Infrastructure perspective
- Assists with regular testing and scanning of Cloud products and application customers to provide compliance with overall security standards
- Assists with delivery of simple Cloud security patterns and implementations based on customer requirements and adherence to security standards
- Educates Cloud COE team to design and implement secure coding and continuous security practices within their applications
- Partners with Engineering teams in Cybersecurity Services and SIOC to gather design considerations and requirements
- Assess and implement controls for cloud computing services, cloud security controls, and identity and access management.
- Create, implement, test, and remediate compliance controls for cloud architecture systems.
Competencies: Cloud Security Engineer (Principal)
- Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment. Ability to deliver in sprints and work as a team
- Able to act as a leader and influence others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Ability to operate in cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Customer focused with an attitude to deliver excellent customer outcomes
- Ability to take ownership with a high sense of urgency and work like an entrepreneur
- Problem solving, analytics, and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude and determination to learn new technologies
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD technologies
- Extensive experience with continuous security practices
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to think outside the box
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery technologies
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, IS027001 LA/LI, SANS (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Certified DevOps - Associate (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Security - Specialty (or equivalent experience)
- AWS Certified DevOps - Professional (or equivalent experience)
- Familiar with / basic understanding of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Familiar with / basic knowledge of Cloud computing technologies
- Familiarity with AWS Well Architected Framework and Cloud migration industry standards and best practices
- Technical writing skills for documenting environments and operating procedures
- Prior programming background in at least ONE language: C++, Java, Python, Ruby etc.
- Experience with continuous security practices, including: threat modeling, threat and vulnerability management, secure coding practices, and automated penetration testing.
- Experience with security solutions such as WAF, IPS, and anti-DDOS systems
- Extensive experience with IT Compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, etc.)
- Experience with network / perimeter security platforms
- Experience with encryption in-flight and at-rest practices, as well as certificate and secrets management, security event & incident management (SIEM) platforms.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting, and continuous delivery technologies
- Experience performing security assessments
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services including experience with Lambda, IAM, KMS, VPC, ELB, EC2, RDS, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Ansible and Jenkins
- Demonstrated skill at administering complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.