One of our Austin clients is looking for a EUC Senior Engineer to join their growing team. You will be part of a team that is responsible for the overall coordination and control of all End-User Computing services. The EUC Senior Engineer is responsible for architecture, design, security, implementation, management and troubleshooting of EUC solutions. The EUC Senior Engineer will also handle escalation of support tickets from the help desk and other infrastructure teams.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor health of all servers and infrastructure components; perform break\fix troubleshooting and periodic preventive maintenance.
- Provide third-tier support and training for Customer Support and other members of the EUC team.
- Enhance security protocols through design, server hardening, and remediation of detected vulnerabilities.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to independently find problems, diagnose and design solutions.
- Architecture development, planning, and implementation.
- Research technology trends and vendor products. Testing of new solutions and assisting with roadmap development.
· Communicate changes to management and end-users as appropriate.
qualifications: SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Expert level knowledge in at least two of the following disciplines and working level knowledge of all of them:
ESSENTIAL SECURITY, COMPLIANCE, AND CONFIDENTIALITY FUNCTIONS
- Design, implementation and support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Design, implementation and support of Disaster Recovery strategies and high availability solutions.
- Security best practices in a Microsoft Windows environment including NTFS permissions, system patching\hardening and anti-malware solutions.
- Design, implementation and support of endpoint management including monitoring, alerting, patching, application deployments, imaging, and encryption.
- Design, implementation and support of mobile device management and mobile application management
- Microsoft Windows 10 in a managed desktop environment
- Desktop Application Management, including Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365
- Enterprise desktop imaging and deployment technologies
- Standard desktop, workstation & laptop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Audio, web and video conferencing
- Cloud computing
1. Help to ensure that IT resources (data, applications and infrastructure) are kept secure from unauthorized access and use.
2. Report any security related concerns to senior IT Management.
3. Participate in ongoing security related training as approved by management.
4. Keep informed of and follow Standards and Procedures as presented in the ITS&P and General Computer Controls.
5. Work with IT compliance to ensure all assigned operational compliance responsibilities are carried out in an efficient manner and report any compliance concerns to senior IT Management.
6. Exercise reasonable care in maintaining the confidentiality of information and use of such information for business purposes only. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associates Degree, Technical School, or equivalent and three (3) years' experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer or a minimum of five (5) years' experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer. Must hold two certifications in at least one discipline (Microsoft, VMware, or Citrix) or hold one certification in one discipline plus three (3) additional years' experience.
skills: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Virtual Desktop, Disaster Recovery
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.