Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Depending upon business needs and your interests and skills, you may also be involved with design and development activities related to distributed machine control software, software for safety products, IoT, test fixtures, automated test scripts, factory support and onsite customer support.
location: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Lead projects in the design, development, test, deployment and support of software used in the measurement system business unit.
- Provide accurate time estimates for completion of assigned tasks
- Deliver the projects on time and meet quality expectations
- Develop new features for embedded systems
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
- Participate in field system installation, customer training, troubleshooting and support.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
qualifications: Basic requirements:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Experience interfacing hardware, sensors, and communication protocols (CAN, RS-232, 3-D scanners, Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), encoders (position sensor), GPS, other)
- At least 5 years of experience designing and developing embedded software in embedded C and C++.
- Experience leading complex embedded software development projects from concept through delivery using a structured development process (such as Agile, SCRUM, Stage Gate, Waterfall, etc.)
- Experience with Requirements Management, configuration management, defect tracking, and test and other development tools
skills: Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Expert in embedded C and C++ programming languages
- Experience developing GUI, particularly touchscreens
- Experience working with QT GUI
- Experience working with speed critical applications on Linux or Windows platforms
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, LDRA
Candidates must be willing and able to travel by automobile and commercial airline approximately 10% of the time. You will have well-developed communication skills and will work effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.