Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Data Analyst to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pasadena, CA area.
This position is responsible for supporting improvements and systems solutions for the company's provider/practitioner network. The primary focus of this position is to build logical datasets from various sources, build/augment reporting functionality, develop systematic processes to routinely maintain and update data, and reduce variation across reporting platforms. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35.93 - 40.43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identify business requirements for provider network data reporting needs; develop systematic/programmatic solutions based on business requirements.
- Optimize existing database used to collect provider demographic data; design and implement additional existing databases, based on data management needs.
- Identify solution options for more systematic intake of provider demographic data changes and updates.
BUSINESS ANALYST SKILLS -
- Translates business and technical needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Elicits detailed business requirements and builds effective, data driven and analytical solutions to meet requirements (requires SQL, SAS, and integration from data from multiple db/file formats)
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various management-level audiences
- Participates in the development of process improvements and related outcomes
- Works closely with business, IT, and non-company partners
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Experience with provider demographic data.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required. Designs and enhances databases and alternative solutions.
- Designs systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Conducts data analysis and develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and manages data quality tracking and monitoring tools.
- Validates and maintains data integrity across multiple databases and data sources (SQL, internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds and maintains statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Strong skills in SQL, SAS programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering business requirements and execution of report and query design.
- Experience with MS Access.
- Ability to synthesize complex business/report requirements and connect them across efforts to anticipate reporting needs.
- Experience with developing/implementing SQL Server solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated work experience with both
- business and technical teams.
- Values teamwork; listens/responds constructively to needs of team members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to changes (sometimes last-minute) that need to be made in work products.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.