Sr. Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager ensures that the desired product is delivered by the project team within a specific timeline, scope and budget. Responsible for simultaneously managing multiple large scale and/or complex projects.
location: Brea, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Develop the project charter, management plan and all related component plans
- Identify, monitors and mitigate project risk
- Identify, respond to and resolve project issues and changes
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project metrics
- Gather project resources and assign tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure completion of the project within the approved constraints
- Cordially and professionally interact with subordinates, customers, vendors, superiors and peers
- Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week
- BS degree in information technologies with specific emphasis on project management; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5-8 years of project management experience
- 2 years of experience in one or more applicable technologies and/or IT methodologies
skills: Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Proficient in defining and prioritizing delivery activities
- Proficient in developing project charter and schedules
- Ability to effectively manage project risks and issues
- Ability to manage project organization, meetings, estimations and cost control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with other project team members without interpersonal or team conflicts
- Ability to effectively communicate risks and issues that may impact employee's ability to perform job functions and meet expectations
- Ability to provide coaching and career development to team members
- Ability to solve problems by using a logical and systematic approach
- Knowledge of financial tools and processes
- Ability to thrive in cross functional matrix environment
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.