This Senior Electrical Engineer position focuses on circuit board designs for analog/digital hardware.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This engineer will develop both analog and digital hardware circuit boards used in high performance flight control and navigation systems.
- Responsibilities span all phases of the hardware development lifecycle, including requirements capture, design, test, integration, verification, and factory transitions. Primary assignments will include use and application of electrical engineering principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot analog and digital hardware of moderate to high complexity.
- This position encompasses new product designs and product sustaining support roles. The selected candidate will work closely with Systems, Software, Mechanical, Environmental Effects, Manufacturing/Operations and Design-to-Cost staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product's lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering discipline with 4 - 8 years of experience
- Analog, Digital, and Mixed Signal circuit board design experience including experience with schematic capture tools
- Domain knowledge of analog electronics (low/high pass filters, small signal amplifiers)
- Domain knowledge of digital electronics (e.g. Microprocessor/microcontroller, DSP, FPGA, ASIC, ADC, DAC, SoC)
- Experience working with lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, etc.)
- Experience in aspects of the hardware life cycle, including requirements capture, design and development, debug and test, and requirements validation
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner and produce detailed, clear and concise technical documentation.
- Knowledge of analog design parameters (e.g. sampling, bandwidth, Nyquist, gain, Signal to Noise ratio)
- Experience in the area of high speed design practices including signal integrity and timing analysis
- Knowledge of digital circuit design parameters (e.g., throughput, rise time, clock frequencies, propagation delay).
- Knowledge of hardware components (e.g., processors, FPGA, ARM, DDR memory, interfaces), and characteristics (e.g., throughput, processing architecture, timing, capacity).
- FPGA design experience
- Experience designing products for military and/or high reliability applications
- Experience designing with inertial sensors
- Experience with EMI/EMC design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience designing for military environmental requirements (vibration, humidity, salt fog, mechanical shock)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.