Sr. Front End Web Developer
job summary: Description:
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with development needs from the content and editorial team of AllAboutVision.com (AAV)
- Assist the AAV team create of native ads, sponsored content, and assign google tags for analytics.
- Integrate the Contentful CMS GraphQL API with GatsbyJS (A static site generator written in ReactJS).
- Work closely with internal, offshore, and contract resources on an agile team.
- Update the agile system of record (Rally) with points and tasks.
- Engage in agile ceremonies such as estimation, standups, grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Update user stories and tasks to reflect the current status of sprint.
- Maintain quality by checking work for defects prior to releasing to QA.
- Participate in the transition of released software to maintenance through documentation, training, and meetings.
- Submit / accept pull requests, handle merges, and facilitate software releases.
- Troubleshoot and own defects identified by the QA team and customers.
- Work closely with business analysts and product owners to understand requirements.
- Stay current with industry trends and incorporate best of breed technology, patterns, and methodologies.
- Nurture a culture of team excellence with openness, transparency, and close collaboration.
qualifications: Core Qualifications and Education
- 4 year degree from an accredited university. MIS or Computer Science preferred.
- 1 year of software development using ReactJS
- 2 years of source code management with GIT
- Strong foundational software knowledge (testing, version control, and concepts such as DRY).
- Strong knowledge of web fundamentals (HTTP, response codes, REST, calling APIs).
- Experience with GraphQL, Redux, and GatsbyJS, and the Contentful.com CMS preferred
- Knowledge of Agile software delivery.
- Knowledge of Amazon web services platform preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with others.
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to learn new patterns and technologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.