Sr. IT Systems Engineer
The Enterprise Development and Capabilities Services (EDCS) Environments Team needs a contractor to fill a systems-engineer senior position. EDCS organization supports all methods of software development with special focus on Continuous Delivery and advancing the IT Technology Strategy. Our services cover end-to-end development and deployment processes and the tools used to support them. You will be part of the Research & Development team within the EDCS org.
Ideal candidate will have a strong background in designing and developing enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline and Cloud capabilities for all service types (for example, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
As a System Engineer - DevOps in the R&D team, you'll work closely with application teams and other enterprise teams to advance Progressive's Continuous Delivery capabilities and automation of CD pipeline and underlying tool chain. Your focus will be in the area of Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Application Release Automation, and Infrastructure as Code solutions to enable application deployments to on-prem and public cloud.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Apply the patterns and principles of continuous delivery, pipeline automation, Windows and Linux infrastructure, Container, and one or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure).
- Work with application teams to implement relevant technologies, tools, and processes to advance CD pipeline capabilities and cloud capabilities
- Build and deploy highly automated infrastructure solutions, which includes self-service tools and capabilities
- Collaborate with enterprise teams to conduct proof of concepts/prototypes for emerging technologies and practices
- Plan or provide input to operationalization of new technologies and capabilities
- Help establish technical standards and best practices for new tools and technologies
- Broad knowledge in multiple technology areas (servers, network, storage, security etc.) and multiple scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python or similar languages) is required - Minimum of two scripting languages required with the expectation that others can be learned on the job.
- Experience in automated pipeline methodologies and CI/CD tool chain (GIT, TFS / Azure DevOps, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience in infrastructure automation/configuration management using Puppet/Chef/Ansible - Minimum of one of these tools is required.
- Experience with Container orchestration using OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and DevSecOps methodologies
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Experience with one or more public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure) is desirable
-Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field of study and minimum of four years working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems.
-In lieu of a degree, a minimum of six years related experience working with operating system hardware and/or software components in a large IT environment with many categories of devices, infrastructures and operating systems may be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.