The Manager, Database Administration will be responsible for managing a large distributed database environment utilizing primarily MS SQL Server for a global customer base as well as the team of DBAs. Some key areas of focus are enterprise size database management, mission critical backup, recovery and high availability technologies and 24/7 monitoring. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience with RDBMS including 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server; they will be a self-starter with strong technical skills and the ability to handle the fast paced work environment.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Assist with the design and maintenance of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, confidentiality of data, and integrity of data assets.
- Be a technical lead and mentor to the other DBAs
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Be a consultant in the review, planning, testing, and execution of business applications and database upgrades
- Monitor client response times and research response times that are higher than the set goal
- Contextual understanding of the environment (Domain Expertise)
- Develop and track key database measures and metrics
- Ensure system availability and performance
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production application environment. This will include 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
- Develop key automation, monitoring and performance tuning software
- Configure, deploy, maintain, tune and monitor all database instances
- Review and tune data access calls and stored procedures to ensure both individual database performance and overall system performance
- Assist with issues relating to system performance: Diagnosis of SQL problems, Application Support and SQL Support
- Prioritize and assign tasks while maintaining the weekly Jira sprint board
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
- 1+ Year of experience leading a DBA team
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of RDBMS experience, including 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining multi-terabyte database environments is desirable.
- Experience with MySQL 5.x and/or Oracle
- Experience maintaining a high volume, mission critical application in a SaaS environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.