Our client, a growing Data Analytics firm, that handles massive amounts of data in a unique way to make better decisions for their clients, is looking for a Lead Full Stack Data Engineer to join the team.
The Platform Engineering Manager is responsible for taking the product from infancy into a well running system suitable for supporting their customers. In addition to being a hands on contributor, this role is responsible for setting the technical direction of the team.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Grow the technical expertise of the team on performance, scalability and architecture
- Translate the business requirements into strategy and make sure it is understood by all team members
- Work closely with development teams, product owners, and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of innovative products.
- Make technical decisions based on business needs without sacrificing product quality.
- Work on unique and interesting challenges around building, managing and deploying scalable solutions.
- Develop people through coaching and mentoring.
- 4+ years of experience with back-end languages (Spark, Scala, Python)
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
- Significant development experience with a major modern language
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data at scale and comfort with a variety of different stores (key-value, document, columnar, etc.) as well as traditional RDBMS and data warehouses
- Experience writing unit and functional tests
- Comfort with version control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work well in an agile, collaborative team environment
- Experience with AWS products (Redshift, EMR, S3, IAM, RDS, etc)
skills: Strong Pluses
- Experience designing and architecting scalable API Gateways
- Experience with Apache Spark
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.