Big Data Engineer
Position: Big Data Engineer
Contract Length - 1 year
Schedule: 40 hour work week Monday- Friday (Flexible on start time but worker must be onsite)
The main function of the Big Data Engineer is to collect, process, and analyze large sets of data. This worker will primarily be responsible for creating data and enriching data for the machine learning group.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work closely with the algorithm developers of the autonomous system to identify potentials for more effective use of our vast data resources for functional development, model training and system evaluation.
- Design and implement scalable data generation pipelines for machine learning projects from both simulations and real data.
- Design and implement the evaluation tools for efficient performance comparisons for machine learning projects.
- Focus is on data transformation, data preparation, and extraction of valuable data sets for machine learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of applicable experience with Big Data
- Working experience in architecting and implementing workflows for large-scale data processing.
- Excellent working skills in Linux systems.
- Working experience in C++ and Python programming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working experience in robotic or automotive frameworks (e.g. ROS)
- System integration and software architecture skills.
- Experience working independently in a large-scale software setting.
- Experience with working in large corporations, including complex network architecture across multiple continents
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.