job summary: Business Overview: Tell me about your department:
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team creating strategies and prototypes for increasing the baseline performance of our many application platforms. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure and solve unique problems specific to the underlying architecture. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform with high performance is expected. You will be working in an agile environment, which means test-driven development and pair programming. We are evolving towards a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments. Project Description:
The WARP team is a project created with the idea of increasing the overall performance across our many application platforms. Candidates need to be technically inclined, have the ability to work independently, take general direction and be a self-starter.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Position Overview: What would a normal day for this position look like??
- 75% of the time with actual developing. The remainder of the day is Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, and Design Sessions. This position will involve 100% paired programming.
qualifications: Skills Overview: What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate? Required Experience
- Must have 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web-oriented architectures
- Groovy- Prefered but not required
- Experience in the use of containers for deployment
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with containerized applications
- Experience with multiple caching strategies (e.g. NGINX, Memcached, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Experience with creating application performance improvement plans
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
- Groovy - ideal
skills: Skills Overview: What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Social Skills
- Sense of humor
- Willingness to work in a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.