Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Desktop Support Specialist to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Irvine, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Support a robust Microsoft based network running NT/2000 and Exchange. Server, PC, MAC and Laptop expertise needed to perform the duties of this position. Monitor daily activity. Assist with purchase orders for hardware and software procurement & other administrative duties. Install and maintain network hardware and software. Troubleshoot network usage and computer peripherals. Install new users. Install new applications. Perform system backups and data recovery. Resolve network communication problems independently. Assist with PC installation, maintenance, E-mail administration, disk capacity monitoring and network security.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $21.07 - 23.71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Provide responsive, second-level support, both local and remote to end users of applications, dedicated imaging workstations and related servers.
- Demonstrate ownership and a commitment to resolving problems, while recognizing when problems need to be escalated to the next level to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience Level: 3-6 Years.
- High School Diploma Required
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, involving multiple interrelated applications.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, problem solving, trouble shooting, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions with support partners and end users.
- Ability to adjust style and communications, as necessary, to customers with variety of levels and technical knowledge, including leaders, clinicians, staff and other support personnel.
Additional Skills Preferred (Not Required):
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Workstation Support / Desktop Support (Tier Level 2 or 3).
- Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors. Knowledge of systems software to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Practical problem solving skills and solid trouble shooting skills a must.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Possess excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment .
- Ability to install/deploy Windows based computers.
- Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to train end users.
- Certification may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.