Our client is growing fast and looking for a leader to help their Data Engineering group grow. This is a great place to build on your existing leadership and still be able to get your hands dirty when needed.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Associate Director, Data Engineering will work closely with digital analysts, marketing scientists and media managers to understand data needs, enable accessibility to the data, and set standards to improve the organization and the scaling of our data applications overall.
As a team leader, they should enjoy getting their hands dirty coding, problem-solving, mentoring junior and mid-level engineers and fostering innovative thinking. They will help architect client and vertical-specific solutions by identifying custom needs and determining the best approach to solve via custom API development, platform prototyping, or core product development. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead development of scalable data/analytics systems for clients across the agency
- Bring together technical and non-technical stakeholders and mediate discovery
- Define a clear set of product requirements all stakeholders can agree upon
- Drive creative data engineering solutions while keeping true to product requirements
- Systematize dashboarding and reporting datasets quicker data buildouts
- Manage a growing team and help create a vision for current and future Data Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science needs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience, with 2+ years of leadership experience
- Established track record of defining solutions and leading the implementation of large-scale high-quality enterprise systems
- Proven skills developing complex systems (preferably including marketing analytics pipelines) using Python, Git, SQL, Bash and other scripting/compiled languages
- Experience delivering user-facing analytics solutions using BI tools like Tableau, Datorama or similar
- Solid understanding and experience in the Agile methodology, hands-on management of Agile, iterative development spanning specification, prototyping, architecture, QA, operations, and support
- Experience with or exposure to MPP & Big Data technologies (Redshift, BigQuery, Spark, Hive/Hadoop, EMR, etc.)
- Experience with containerized Linux/Unix operations in a cloud computing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Able to build collaboration and drive competing groups to consensus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.