Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
As the Linux Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for performing Server administration work at Bloom Energy. The ideal candidate will assist with the provisioning, configuring, documenting, and maintaining of Linux and Windows Systems, VMware virtualization and other tools related to infrastructure.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Maintain Linux server operating systems.
- Maintain and monitor server and network environment with Nagios.
- Serves as a resource for the Network Systems Administrator in managing physical VMware Infrastructure.
- Maintain Nagios Environment by adding and removing hosts, increasing functionality to support a fast growth environment.
- Develop automation scripts for consistency and supportability across multiple environments.
- Plan, and execute timely Linux system upgrades and supported software patches.
- Plan, install and configure Linux systems
- Provide support for new applications and upgrades to existing systems
- Design solutions to technical problems and implementation of new systems or infrastructure changes
- Monitor critical systems and take corrective actions prior to failures
- Prepare for disaster recovery and ensure that appropriate backups are completed and tested
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identify network problems
- Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
8-10 years overall experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication & collaboration skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize workload
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail.
skills: - At least 5 years' experience managing and maintaining a production Linux (CentOS, RedHat) environment
- Demonstrated expertise in managing Linux-based systems, and OS related services at scale.
- A familiarity with Windows Server and administering Active Directory
- Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices, experience managing hardening high-value systems against attackers.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing systems via an automated configuration management system such as Puppet and Git repository.
- Extended experience working effectively in a shared software development environment, including version control, bug tracking, release management, and code review.
- Extended experience with Shell scripting, Perl, Python, and/or PHP.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment, and ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
- Proven ability setup and support Cisco UCS hardware platform.
- Experience in SAN and multipathing software.
- Experience in VMWare virtualization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.