IT Project Manager
Our Northern VA client is seeking a dynamic Project manager who is well versed at d eveloping and implementing assigned projects from initiation to delivery, providing analysis and possible solutions using standard procedures. Experience leading cross-functional teams to address business and/or systems issues is necessary. Projects are typically large scale with development/implementation requiring 9+ months to complete.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects (management and analysis) with little oversight by management. Leads cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues.
- Takes complex, multidisciplinary projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Defines, analyzes and manages project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Determines cadence, conducts project meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis. Responsible for project risk management and escalation.
- Ensures adherence to best practices, quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
Candidates should have prior Project Management experience. Experience working in an Agile enviroment and prior experience in an environment that requires them to analyze, refine and document complex system user requirements including functional objectives of system, data sources and availability, including cross-system integration requirements.
skills: Manages the integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to multiple, simultaneous project teams. Recommends and takes action to solve problems.
- Establishes systems analysis methodology and documentation standards, providing guidance to lower level staff.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommend best practices and solutions.
- Provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- Networks with key contacts outside in area of expertise to grow existing knowledge base.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.