Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT staffing and services industry is seeking a Network Technician to work in Baltimore, MD. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Under general direction, oversee the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network backbone infrastructures (inclusive of wireless technologies) of moderate complexity. The scope of this position typically affects the delivery of campus backbone network resources for a large number of local and wide-area connected buildings.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment.
- Provides in-depth troubleshooting skills to determine root cause for complex network related issues, such as routing loops, spanning tree, degraded performance, physical link integrity, etc.
- Assists in the planning of large scale network projects through vendor comparison, cost studies, and technical feasibility studies.
- Follows and/or develops written project plans for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- May take lead role in defining specifications for a new or enhanced network based service offering.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering. May be required to provide presentations on designs, plans, and/or solutions.
- Configure network devices such as: routers, switches, csu/dsus, content management switches, caching devices, wireless controllers, access points, etc.
- May configure and maintain network related systems that run Windows, Linux, or Unix as an operating system.
- Follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving readily identifiable problems.
- May mentor other staff positions, such as a Network Analysts, Network Technician or Network Engineer.
- May take on role of a Project Leader for a company-wide assignment.
- Will be required to participate in on-call responsibilities.
- Knowledge in Cisco
- Design Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.