Randstad Technologies, a global and national leader in the IT Staffing and Services industry, has an immediate need for a Spark Developer to sit onsite in Rockville, MD.
This is a long term contract paying up to $85/hr. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Analyze system requirements and design responsive algorithms and solutions
- Use big data and cloud technologies to produce production quality code
- Engage in performance tuning and scalability engineering
- Work with team, peers and management to identify objectives and set priorities
- Perform related SDLC engineering activities like sprint planning and estimation
- Work effectively in small agile teams
- Provide creative solutions to problems
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute
- Experience with cloud based Big Data technologies
- Proficiency in Hive / Spark SQL
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with one or more programming languages like Scala, Python, and/or Java
- Ability to push the frontier of technology and independently pursue better alternatives
- Java OR Python OR Scala development
- Strong SQL (preferably Hive SQL)
- Some Cloud (preferably AWS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.