A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for Tier 1/2 Help Desk Analyst for a 3 month contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Field incoming help requests from business users via in-person, telephone, e-mail or other electronic methods of transmission.
- Help identify and implement innovative solutions for customers.
- Document all pertinent user information, address nature of problem or issue as developed in Help Desk procedures.
- Build a rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize help queue based on business production issues.
- Work with team members to resolve any software or hardware related user issues. Escalate problems (when necessary) to the appropriately experienced technician, engineer or outside vendor and participate in cross-training to minimize future escalations.
- Administer and maintain end user system accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Process, maintain, and track end user system access permission forms. Assist end users with questions pertaining to system access, passwords, and security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ's resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Schedule / manage resources such as video conferencing, loaner equipment, conference bridges, and room reservations.
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory control of technology equipment. .
- Work with management to develop documentation and procedures to be used in the technology support area.
- Develop help sheets and lists of frequently asked questions (FAQ's) for end users.
- Provide research and support for IT projects.
- Work with the networking team to ensure timely completion of all projects and initiatives.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established guidelines.
- Pursue training and educational opportunities.
- Cross train on applications / hardware within IS team
- Research and study trends, market shifts, and news related to our business and technology.
- Expand knowledge of the business in general and understand the concerns of the business not necessarily related to IS.
- An IT related degree from an accredited university is preferred. Direct and relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- 2+ years' experience in a mid to high volume, technically complex help desk environment
- 2+ years' experience with the following Windows OS: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2016
- 2+ years' experience in user password management and administration within Windows AD
- Prefer at least one technical certification in (A+, Network+ or MCP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, 2019 applications.
- Solid knowledge of hardware, laptop, printer equipment (Prefer HP and Zebra Printers)
- Experience with LAN\WAN\Wireless implementations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with e-mail systems - Exchange (Outlook 2016 client preferred)
- Experience with remote communications tools (Skype, SCCM, GotoAssist)
- Motivated, self starter
- Must be reliable
- Team player
- Must have both phone and deskside support
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong technical support background
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.