Seeking an application developer to assist in the developing and supporting of Regulatory Transaction Reporting application across multiple jurisdictions and asset classes for OTC Derivatives and FX products. Experience in Dodd Frank, EMIR, MIFI
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs.
- Maintain existing applications to support operations.
- Produce documents including design documents, and class diagrams.
- Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects.
- Out of hours support when needed.
- Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Regulatory Transaction Reporting in CFTC/EMIR/MIFID jurisdiction AND should have good working experience with OTC derivative products with any OOP language.
OR 5yrs minimum python programming language (not as scripts)
- 5-7 year of Object Oriented Programming experience
- BS in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Testing (unit, integration, etc.), along with test automation.
- Agile development life-cycle experience
- Strong knowledge of SDLC
- Strong understanding of regulatory rules and applications.
- The candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys programming, can work as part of a global team and who has successfully delivered significant enterprise-scale projects to end-users previously.
skills: Desirable Skills
- Strong Python experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena.
- Distributed message system design/development.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of how to build and use with RESTful APIs
- Exposure to Front and Middle Office functions and controls
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.