IT Service Desk Tier 2
Job Purpose - Provide premium, remote IT support (voice, chat and email) to inside end users who operate in a fast paced, demanding environment.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 27 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
- Provide phone, email and chat support to remote users.
- Utilize Standard Problem-Solving methodology to resolve customer issues.
- Understand the issue
- Understand what is collectively known about the issue
- Solve the issue, share your experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve iOS and mobile device issues.
- Use Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to manage and support end user mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve connectivity and VPN issues.
- Use VPN / token management tools to administrate and support end user VPN access.
- Troubleshoot and resolve functional application issues.
- Document reported issues and service provided in the IT Service Management System (Remedy).
- Review, validate, update and create Knowledge Articles to facilitate accurate and robust knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to and moderate the sharing of issues and resolutions in forums such as MS Teams, Yammer, SharePoint.
- Assist customers with the setup of home/wireless printers on laptops and iPads.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for escalated resolution of application or system level issues.
- Advocate for customers by seeking to identify common issues and by working within the business to eliminate future occurrences.
- Educate callers with helpful hints or business based best practices.
- Assist callers through account or machine lockouts.
- Assist users through password resets
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
**Must have 3-5 years experience in a busy call center**
- 5+ years + experience in supporting applications on IPad, IPhone and laptops and other mobile devices.
- 2+ years of phone support for remote user, with or without remote control capability
- Thorough knowledge of iOS operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Moderate knowledge of Android operating system, its upgrades and related troubleshooting.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot VPN issues related to Pulse secure, VPN On demand, Pulse client etc. on iPads and Laptops.
- Experienced troubleshooting of wireless and wired networks. Hands on experience on tools like MDM Airwatch console to manage user's mobile devices.
- Ability to fix basic iPad and iPhone hardware issues on call itself and make the judgment of referring the others for Local/Apple support.
- Hands on experience on IT Service management tool like Remedy 8.1 or 9.
skills: Agent Attributes
- Technical aptitude enabling root cause identification and permanent issue resolution.
- Customer Focus - demonstrates the ability to understand and address reported issues from the customers point of view.
- Communication Skills - demonstrates high levels of ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Continuous Improvement mindset that is always striving to improve the customer experience.
- Accountable - highly self-motivated to follow through on all reported issues and other assigned tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.