Sr. AWS Cloud Solution Architect
job summary: Sr. AWS Cloud Solution Architect
- Build an exciting, rewarding career with us - help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Client team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development and recognition for your work.
- We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, providing electricity to 7.7 million retail customers in six states. We have approximately 51,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida - and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.6 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas.
- We are transforming our customers' experience, modernizing our energy grid, generating cleaner energy and expanding our infrastructure to create a smarter energy future for our customers.
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Solution Architect with deep experience in AWS Cloud based, modern data architecture to join our AWS Cloud Practice.
- Job Overview
- We are looking for a Senior Technical Solution Architect with deep experience visualizing, architecting, designing, and implementing Cloud based modern data solutions in a Utilities environment to lead architecture assessments, strategies, and implementation projects throughout the United States. This position will involve working as a senior member of strategy and implementation teams on large, complex, industry leading data and analytics projects. Client is looking for enthusiastic leaders who enjoy solving tough industry and technical problems.
- In this role, you will visualize the solution that provides the best-fit architecturally, assist in defining scope and sizing systems and projects, roll up your sleeves and help build Proof of Concepts, and lead.
- You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading-edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Play a key leadership role on architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmap engagements, as well as within the sales cycle to enable new project acquisition; work with our clients to form the right solution and technical vision to meet our customer's needs.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions and designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Lead projects from a solution and technical perspective. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Drive project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical architects and staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad technical solution leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Must have superb verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting ideas, concepts and architectures in various contexts/audiences, including within the solution sales cycle.
- Experience working with senior business, clinical, and technical executives, stakeholders and architects to analyze high level business, organizational and technical needs, visualize and elaborate solutions, assess current state capabilities and future needs, create project roadmaps and implementation plans, and drive project execution from a technical solution perspective.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- Data & Analytics project implementation experiences that exploits the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimization); with an emphasis on experience delivering within a strong Agile-Scrum framework.
- Significant experience implementing Cloud based data solutions and visualizing, defining, and implementing modern, forward looking solutions and architectures.
- Must have strong experience defining and driving the data ingestion, integration, curation, modeling, and publishing activities, as well as experience implementing data warehouse/lake architectural frameworks and program components to enable a comprehensive data layer which can handle the entire data and operational lifecycle.
- Experience in a professional services / consulting firm.
- Possess a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition for Big Data and traditional data warehousing projects.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in Utilities and Technology industry is a big plus.
- This role requires a senior solution architect with deep experience in cloud based data and analytics implementations leveraging the AWS cloud
- Experience working within a larger enterprise environment is required.
- 8+ years experience designing and implementing data lakes and warehouses, including the architectural framework components which ensure operation viability.
- 4+ years experience implementing Cloud based data warehouse / data lake solutions using AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- 3+ years experience implementing Big Data technologies.
- 3+ years experience working as a solution architect in the data management space.
- 3+ years experience working as a technical architect in the data management space.
skills: Significant Experience Working With The Following Technologies Is Required
Additional Info :
- AWS S3, Redshift, Glue, Athena
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services
- Spark, Python, Kafka, NoSQL, and Kafka
- One or more market leading Business Intelligence / Visualization tool
- Experience having worked with multiple cloud based technologies is needed.
- The following experience is a nice to have
- Azure, Azure Data Factory, Azure Warehouse is a plus.
- MS Power BI and Big Query
- Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse
- Yellowbrick Cloud Data
At Client, we're committed to increasing renewables and lowering our emissions. And we aren't just talking about it - we're taking action. At Client, we are determined to improve; to provide safer, more secure, and more reliable energy to all of our customers. To that end, we are making strategic, data-driven investments to improve reliability, help protect against cyber and physical threats, use more solar and clean energy and provide you with the intelligent tools you need to make smart energy choices and save money. These investments will provide benefits today and in the years to come.
- A Lead IT Architect provides leadership in technology strategy development, governance and architecture oversight in the planning and design of a whole technology domain.
- They develop technology strategies and ensure overall technology alignment with the business to meet their goals and objectives.
- Workers at this level solve the most complex problems, manage work and provide leadership to over technology domains, with wide latitude for complex designs, platform strategy and system integration decisions.
- They are expected to have advanced skills, work independently and be considered industry experts in their discipline or technology domain to provide architecture and industry guidance to IT architects, Technology Leads and management.
- They consult on strategic and highly complex projects and challenges.
- They are fully competent in design and Enterprise Architecture concepts and develop and maintain Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
- They lead the business case development, identification and recommendation of opportunities for technologies that improve capabilities for our business partners.
Work experience in addition to a degree:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 10 or more years experience in information technology systems or infrastructure design, implementation, and support or an equivalent combination of education and work experiences.
- In lieu of a degree, 14 years related business experience.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- 10 or more years experience in information technology systems or infrastructure design, implementation, and support.
- 4 years of demonstrated experience in the role of IT Senior Architect or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.