Job Description Description SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Must be able to develop, manage, maintain, and evaluate computer hardware, security, software and software development tools
- Evaluate their ability to support specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems, determine potential actual bottlenecks and propose recommendations for their elimination, and make recommendations for system improvements that will result in optimal software and hardware use.
qualifications: Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and four years or more experience; additional experience in lieu of degree may be substituted
- 4 years of experience administering systems/networks with increasing levels of responsibility
- High level of functional competency with Microsoft Server 2008R2-2016
- High level of functional competency configuring and administering IIS web applications
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory services, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Gateway
- Knowledge of implementing server STIGs and DoD policies in systems/networks, RMF
- Working knowledge of managing virtual environments, application load balancing
- Knowledge of various UNIX operating systems - Familiarity with VMWare vCloud, ESXI, or vSphere
- DOD 8570 - CompTIA Security+ required. (Have the ability to obtain within 90 days from start date)
Experience with Databases, PowerShell and SharePoint are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.