A client of ours in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a SQL ETL Developer / QA Automation background for a six month contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Review Project requests and develops automation plans covering complex business functions and/or multisystem/integrated environments.
- Develop test automation framework, automation scripts and automated test cases contributing to smoke, regression, performance, and system test suites with object oriented design principles
- Participate in project team meetings for up-front analysis and design activities to provide testing/SQA inputs, provide feedback/advice to improve developer's unit test activities and proactively prepare automation test plans/environments in advance of code turnover.
- Design, Develop and Integrate automated test scripts and results with Test Case Management and Defect Management software to provide accurate test metrics and test management data.
- Support change management/release management activities with detailed information regarding dependencies or risks identified during testing and smoke test activities on newly promoted systems.
- Provide technical assistance during software releases and production promotions.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the test and development teams on test planning, scenario development, coordination and execution.
- Analyze business requirements to determine the range and scope of testing scenarios needed to fully exercise new or changed code.
- Develop complete test scenarios and test cases including test steps and pass/fail criteria.
- Execute tests, document results, and work with developers to remediate/retest.
- Use Requirements Management, Bug Tracking and Test Management software to enter testing requirements, manage defects and track completion of test activities.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- Work effectively to define testable user stories and acceptance criteria with key business and technology stakeholders for CRM
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain test cases, test approaches, and test plans
- Responsible for designing and execution Test cases for database validation
- Perform Regression, Functional, Database, and End to End Testing
- Prepare complex SQL queries to Automate the Test cases, understand the Store Procedures and debug them
- Expert technical skills with hands on experience in relational databases testing experience using SQL queries.
- Hands on experience working on MS SQL server and oracle
- Excellent knowledge of black/white-box test concepts including test automation.
- Responsible for completeness and quality of all project related test assets
- Accountable for Test Data Management, Defect Management, Collection of requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories and owns test data provisioning tasks.
- Contribute to product and process improvement discussions and the refinement of QA best practices.
- Experience with Agile/scrum methodology and practices
- Having good experience to handle the tools like Jira, TestRail, TestComplete, CI/CD(Github) and Selenium/Cucumber
- Must KNOW SQL for large data QA tasks
- MUST BE able to automate for some screen input, create output and then compare the output from the screen to output from SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.