job summary: Will you be next to join our team?
- Provide technnical leadership, oversight on design, development and implementation of our application using AWS technologies and capabilities
- Hands-on engagement for POC's
- Architect our production systems in AWS with performance, auto-scaling, monitoring, alerting and cost of operations in mind
- Develop and maintain a cost model for AWS deployments, look for cost optimization opportunities, setup accounts, budgets, alerts etc
- Design and implement a migration path for our existing datacenter environments considering load balancing, networking, multi-AZ deployment, VPC's security policies and geographical disaster recovery
- Design auto-healing and monitoring systems in our new AWS environment
- Communicate effectively between Development, DevOps and CloudOps teams to enable delivering our software to production
- Mentor and help both developers and operations teams in all AWS topics
location: Nashua, New Hampshire
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Node.js, Java, React/Redux, GitHub
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, Ansible
- AWS services - ELB, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- SQL (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- High-volume messaging - Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS and Stream processing
- REST, JSON Schema, GraphQL
- Newrelic, splunk
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Sciences or related degree
- AWS Solutions Architect-Professional certification or equivalent experience as architect with production-grade AWS environments
- 10+ years of experience with software engineering projects
- 5+ years of experience with designing service oriented and micro-services based application architecture and development practices such as Continuous integration, Continuous deployment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and running AWS Production environments across multiple AZ's, multiple geographies, IAM roles, Route53, ELB's, VPC peering etc.
- Hands on experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, Redshift, RDS, Kenisis, Lambda, Glue, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, networking concepts, application troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.