- Under the supervision of the Chief Architect with latitude for independent judgement, action and decision making, this Architect will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining solutions which include user activity/content consumption tracking and Business Analytics and Reporting systems, i.e., user activity and business value dashboards and on/off-line reports.
- Functioning as a hands-on architect will provide technology leadership, oversight on design, development and implementation of Reporting and Analytics Services
- Work with product owners to build the vision and design a flexible architecture then work with the team to implement and maintain that vision
- Responsible for the implementation of best-of-breed technologies that align with technical design standards/architecture, business plans and long term strategy
- Lead POCs to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input and organizational context to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system
- Work with database architect to design, implement, optimize, and maintain the reporting and analytics data warehouse.
location: Nashua, New Hampshire
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Node.js, Java
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS services - ELB, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc.
- SQL (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- High-volume messaging - Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS and Stream processing
- REST, JSON Schema, GraphQL
- Newrelic, splunk
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience with high overlap in culture, frameworks, tools, technologies, and responsibilities listed within
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas with the ability to research and pick up new technologies, i.e., AWS
- Agile/Scrum environment
- Horizontal scale multi-tenant microservices infrastructure and architecture
- Data warehouse design, implementation, and optimization experience
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and process practices
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze performance problems at scale, and make appropriate recommendations
- Ownership mindset and consistent delivery on commitments
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.