The Senior Analyst, HCM (Human capital management) Systems will be responsible for performing system requirements analysis, functional system design, integrated testing, and solutions maintenance of the HCM Oracle Applications. As an Applications expert, this position is responsible for the successful implementation of technology solutions in the Corporate HR, Benefits, Payroll and related business areas by following our client's SDLC and Agile Project Management, Change Control and testing methodologies.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Systems Design and Implementation
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Advance Level Support
- Responsible for implementing and supporting multiple Oracle ERP Cloud core HCM applications
- Provide expert solutions in the Oracle ERP Cloud core HCM modules: Recruiting, HR, Benefits, Payroll and related applications.
- Maintain Oracle configuration changes in respective HCM application areas.
- Work with Business Analysts, Process Owners and End Users to analyze business requirements.
- Support configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training
- Develop test scenarios and test scripts in the impacted solutions to facilitate appropriate integrated testing.
- Implement new system solutions and lead system testing and resolution of system issues per our client's project management methodology.
- Work closely with applications Support group to ensure proper post-implementations handoff.
- Closely work with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions
- Create and maintain system/application documentation (requirements, processes, procedures)
- Provide applications knowledge in evaluating and improving current business processes.
- Provide expertise on new application releases and new functionality in HCM modules
- Provide cross-module and cross-functional area integration support.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of all application system setup information.
- Interact with technical/development professionals in the design and support of required specific customizations, interfaces and extensions to the Oracle ERP Cloud applications.
- Support in the investigation and resolution of reported system issues. Provide system information, utilize diagnostic techniques, guide the efforts of the production support and interface with vendor support as required.
- Follow prescribed methodologies and processes in completing Oracle support and implementation activities.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
qualifications: EXPERIENCE: Education and Experience
Business and Technical Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline preferred.
- MBA or CPA a plus.
- Prior experience in Oracle implementation projects (full lifecycle)
- 5-8 years of Oracle cloud HCM or similar experience implementing and supporting some combination of Oracle HCM applications such as: Recruiting, Talent Management, HR, Benefits or Payroll modules.
- Experience working on Oracle's cloud-based ERP system or a professional who has transitioned to Oracle Cloud HCM, coming from a major ERP i.e. Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, SAP is desirable.
- Hands on experience in requirements gathering, design, development, and testing of Oracle HCM Cloud applications or ERP software.
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and recommend industry-best practices based on business requirements
- Ability to take part in cross-functional discussions to analyze requirements and recommend solutions
- Experience in solution architecture and writing functional specifications, functional solution design for technical development in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent business process knowledge of the following: Standard HR Processes, Payroll rules and requirements and overall understanding of HR Compliance.
- Business process analysis and redesign experience, strong business analysis skills, process mapping, business process redesign and implementation
- Knowledge of all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle is required.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Experience in creating reports/processes utilizing BI Publisher; HCM and Payroll loaders, Fast Formulas, OTBI (Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence), PAAS ADF framework & Extensions are desirable.
- Experience converting data from legacy systems.
- Experience in developing and executing test plans is required.
- Experience with BI reporting technologies, Oracle Business Intelligence, Cognos or other similar tools is a plus
- Hands on experience with ERP cloud security and workflows is desirable
- Samples of design documents as well as operational documentation may be requested.
skills: Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing
- Multitask - Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shift attention among multiple tasks.
- Communication - Ability to present and explain ideas in plain English to a wide range of audience (technical community, business community, management). Read, write and speak fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary.
- Critical thinking - Demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Problem solving - Demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult business problems. Translates problems into practical solutions;
- Client service - Consistently ensure that the team provides the customer with attentive, courteous and informative service. Derive personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Excellent inter personnel skills.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Create and maintain strong positive relationships with business partners across the organization
- Act as an advisor to the business on areas possible improvements, efficiency, and best practices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.