job summary: Position Summary
- Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
- Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
- Minimum of 5+ yearsexperience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
- Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
- Guide and learn from other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
- This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 77 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Must Haves
Good to Have
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Hive and SQL
- Experience with Spark SQL
- Proficient with one programming language Java/Scala/Python
- General understanding of how to build end-to-end data pipelines
- Experience n architecting data pipelines from Data model to the jobs and the sequence of jobs
- Ability to build dashboards with Tableau or looker
- Software Engineering knowledge ability to build web applications using Java and AngularJS or ReactJS tech stacks
- BS degree in specific technical fields like computer science, math, statistics preferred
skills: Technical Requirements
- Knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata SQL Performance Optimization
- Advanced SQL (preferably Teradata)
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
- Experience in ETL/ processes
- Real time data ingestion (Kafka)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.