Senior Data Analyst
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing extensive detailed data analysis necessary to ensure strict adherence to data quality guidelines. This role will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analytics and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements and alerting of potential issues. The Data Analyst is essential to gaining a better insight into a client's business problem to be solved, formulating a data-driven approach to solve the problem and finally, analyzing and drawing conclusions and presenting them to the client. The Data Analyst position is a client facing role, and is responsible for being able to communicate complex analytic findings and conclusions in an easy to understand way.
location: Florham Park, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 51 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
- Prior experience or knowledge of pharmaceuticals or health care industry is preferred
- Develop analytical strategies to solve business problems - this involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes. Deliverable must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
- Transform complex data into easy to follow reporting through graphing, charts and dashboards, utilizing tools such as SSRS, Powerpoint or Excel. May also be required to present findings and reporting to clients and internal executive management.
- Create repeatable jobs and procedures utilizing MS SQL Server platform to gather and analyze data, to evaluate effectiveness of controls, determine accuracy of reports and efficiency of operations.
- Work with client customers and vendors, to analyze and provide solutions for their data issues
- Collaborating with and influencing clients and customers to develop analytic models, methodologies and reports that support client's products and services.
- Prioritizing competing client requests to ensure focus on highest impact activities.
- Experience working with various data feeds and understanding of EDI
- Experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing data and then using it to draw relevant conclusions.
- 5+ years with SQL
- 5+ years working Data Analysis
skills: Data Analyst with extensive Microsoft SQL experience. The day to day will be will be to poke holes in the data for deficiencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.