The Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing and troubleshooting core infrastructure systems. Additionally, they are responsible for conducting formal testing and transitions of new technology into production including ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in house information systems that support core organizational functions.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots enterprise level server hardware and software.
- Perform Microsoft Windows system patching and firmware updates for enterprise systems.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assist in managing systems that support core technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Daily support and administration of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and other core Microsoft Enterprise Environment Services
- Provides second level end user support, installation, training, and configuration for hardware and software components.
- Provide emergency off-hours support as defined in rotation schedule with other IT System Engineers.
- Assist in the identification of emerging technologies that may be appropriate for New Directions, provide technical knowledge, skills, and support to development team.
- Support the goals of the Information Technology Organization.
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule with the IT engineering team.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with other Information Technology Teams and Departments within the Enterprise with a focus towards solving problems and improving User Experience.
- Provide support for Citrix Xen Desktop, XenApp, persistent and non-persistent environments.
- Provide support for Microsoft Communication systems (Exchange, Skype for Business).
- Provide support for Office 365 administration.
- Provide support for CommVault Backup solution.
qualifications: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Technology related (AA, BS, BA) degree or at least 5 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft products with advanced skills in the current Microsoft server operating systems. (Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- PowerShell skills required
- Strong VMWare experience a plus
- Proven written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, demonstrated willingness to work within a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to work, negotiate, and present well with staff at all levels in the company.
skills: Active Directory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.