The Data Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture for our next generation Data Warehouse, reporting, and data analytics environment. The individual will be a part of a team responsible for building, managing and monitoring all data transformation and data load into the Data platform on AWS.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Identify, design, and implement internal data process improvements by: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of structured and unstructured data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with internal stakeholders, including executives, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Assist in developing data model architecture for the next generation management reporting system
- Ongoing maintenance of the data warehouse
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related areas
- One or more Industry certifications; AWS Developer Associate, Certified Big Data Specialty, Certified Associate in Python programing (PCAP), Apache Spark will be given preference
- 1-2 years of programing in the field of data engineering, SQL and related technologies
- Apache Spark and PySpark, Hadoop
- SQL and any NoSQL and RDBMS platforms
- Git or similar shared code repository
- AWS cloud services
- DevOps practices
- Self-motivated problem solver who has worked on building data transformation process to support business intelligence applications in a large environment will be given preference.
- Excellent organization skills, diagnostics and problem-solving abilities as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas and deliver results
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.