job summary: Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer About the Position
The Senior Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will provide project test planning, test development, test execution, release test planning, and various service activities within the Quality Assurance group. This is a hand's on QA Test position and the role will work closely with project teams to guarantee multiple technology projects meet organizational standards, UI design and functional requirements. As this is a senior position, it requires the ability to understand the benefits of automation and how to leverage it on various projects.
location: Addison, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities
- Ensure that quality processes are carried out through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Work concurrently on multiple projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- Engage, lead and support the offshore QA team where applicable.
- Develop thorough understanding of system design, data model, and functional components of large software systems.
- Perform application analysis, test strategy development, test case creation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting on Enterprise-level applications.
- Develop plans, objectives and schedules for executing comprehensive functional, integration, regression, backend, and end-to-end testing.
- Execute database testing and validate data using complex SQL queries.
- Communicate test progress, test results, metrics and other relevant testing information to appropriate project stakeholders.
- Participate in post-production implementation verification.
- Mentor and train Quality Analysts as well as Developers, User Acceptance Tester, and Analysts in test processes and methodologies.
- Create and maintain testing processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Identify business processes that can be automated and implement it for Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- 7+ years of software QA experience within a technical environment.
- Experience of end-to-end test automation suites is desirable (Selenium, Protractor, Appium, CodeCeptJS)
- Experience in Java programming
- Knowledge in data warehouse and ETL testing.
- Extensive SQL experience must be able to write complex SQL queries for Oracle database.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to analyze complex system requirements and define test cases.
- Strong data analysis and data verification abilities.
- Proficiency with test management and defect tracking tools.
- Thorough understanding of the systems development life cycle, including the various stages of testing.
- Experience with Jira is a plus.
- Ability to manage simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Hands-on leader/doer environment.
- Multi-task oriented with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker.
- Lead Quality Analysts by assisting with the development of test approaches, review and approve system test plans.
- Coordinate activities and resolve issues with multiple project teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.