job summary: Summary
- Provide leadership and deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints.
- Possesses strong technical skills; provides tech knowledge and capabilities and coaches team members. Will not have direct reports but will direct activities of a team for execution of projects. May be responsible for coordinating teams to accomplish development in a matrixed organization. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- This is a Senior Software Development Engineer role in development team. Team owns some of the most critical, high volume applications built on multi-tier J2EE architectures. The candidate must possess passion for producing high quality software, ready to jump in and solve complex problems, be able to mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews.
- Role also involves fair amount of innovation, which includes coming up with new ideas, prototype, and convince technology and business leadership for implementation.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience building web applications using J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring
- Experience building RESTful and consuming RESTful/SOAP web services
- JPBPM/Pega/Activiti / Apache Camel / Mulesoft
- Good interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
- Good analytical skills to break down requirements, solve complex problems
skills: Desired Skills
- Experience working on high volume applications
- Experience in server side frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience building restful web services
- Experience in latest front end technologies like handlebars, foundation, and reactJS
- Experience in performance tuning with good understanding JVM internals
- Experience in modern JVM languages like groovy
- Prior open source contributions
- Background in mathematics or statistics
- Proven task management and leadership skills
- Experience working in agile teams
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.