We are looking for a Help Desk Specialist in Oak Ridge, TN.
This is a shift work position and the successful candidate must be flexible in days and hours worked.
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance
location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 18 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers.
- Proven ability in the use of all pertinent software applications.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports.
- Must demonstrate customer service, leadership and team skills.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and help desk software.
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office, VPN / Remote access, and anti-virus software.
- Must be able to think logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Ability to distinguish between different types of issue and select the correct source for solution.
- Provide first line technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, system and network status, and incident entry via incident management tool.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature. Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Active Directory
- Web support and Development.
Must obtain Security + and ITIL V3 Foundations certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.