job summary: Description
Front-End Developer/ Engineer will contribute to the development team through the design, development, documentation, testing, modification and maintenance of new and existing software applications supporting great web experiences. Apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to the development life cycle, especially in an Agile methodology, to translate business objectives and client needs into effective web interactive applications. Provide subject matter expertise for assigned applications. Technology expertise on assigned applications to include interfaces and interrelationships with other applications, systems and departments.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop and deliver interactive web-based experiences according to business objectives, customer need, UX designs, story criteria and engineering standards and best practices.
- Code, comment, test and troubleshoot new and existing applications utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology; write new complex code; maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications and best practices; analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation; create low level design documents and detailed engineering specifications based on business, user and non-functional (e.g. performance, reliability) requirements; analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation; complete deliverables using the Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) and a deliverables-based approach.
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team in a timely manner. Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with end users, Business Analysts and senior development team members. Provide input to prolong application life or recommend replacement. Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Assist in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluate and thoroughly understand complex interrelationships between assigned applications and systems, such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems. Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to assure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies.
- Support the installation planning for application program requirements. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required. Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains
- Develop, test, and maintain programming modifications; make approved changes by amending flow charts, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes. Write and maintain programming documentations, as well as operations and user guides (as required)
- Create configuration, build and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
qualifications: Required Experience:
- Advanced JS & ES6
- React or other modern JS framework.
- Secure client session management.
- Practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications in multiple environments.
- Application of technology / engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages
- Code management and delivery, including creating build processes, testing, implementing advanced version control, integrating CI tools.
- Utilizing modern front-end development tools and best practices (see Supplemental List)
- Experience or exposure to working on an Agile team.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team of individuals and representatives from cross-commit contributors.
- Exposure to and comfort working in a multi-sourced, multi-vendor environment.
- Intermediate experience with JS libraries and frameworks
- Some experience working with Node JS.
- Integrating data services with front-end applications using async approaches
- Working in an Agile methodology, including story development, sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Perform/Lead code reviews to ensure work adheres to standards and specifications, create, write and/or revise system design documentation and operation documentations. Assure that all code is effectively tested
- Provide implementation/ production support as required
skills: Required Software and Technology Experience:
- Git / Version Control
- Code Editor Tools
- Node JS, Express Server
- Webpack, Gulp
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.