As a member of our core team, you will design, build, and improve on tools used by many of the most widely-known tech companies with large-scale machine learning initiatives active today. Your work will consist of implementing new features and services, maintaining infrastructure, and migrating existing services to a SOA/microservice-based architecture.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 190,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Build & maintain low-latency, high-scalability data pipelines in service of our human-in-the-loop machine learning workflows platform.
- Build & maintain adapter services for ingesting data from a wide variety of streaming and batch-based sources.
- Build & maintain services for throttling, backpressure, schema management, and normalization.
- Implement QA and testing strategies. Promote best practices for writing maintainable code.
- 5+ years of software development experience in cloud-based, multi-tiered, enterprise application systems.
- 5+ years managing data platforms/engineering using enterprise service bus or message-based architectures, such as Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ, or similar.
- Hands-on experience with event-sourcing and functional programming patterns.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Git, Docker, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.