The Desktop Support Services Team provides coverage Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The Team supports various services including the testing, building and deployment of computer systems and peripherals to the client's employees, agents and contractors. It also provides some Tier II breakfix services and software installation functions.
location: West Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Works closely with the existing onsite PC support team that that provides support coverage Monday through Friday
Provide Windows 10 Desktop Support PC OS Refresh support and activities following certain instructions and guidance provided by the customer and and the Service Delivery Manager.
- Process employee on-boarding requests to include building and deploying computer systems.
- Test, clean and minor physical repair of hardware (e.g. laptop, desktop, monitors, printers)
- Perform base operating system build using automated installation tool; install user specific software
- Troubleshoot and correct general hardware configuration, operating system, and Office365 functional issues
- Solid Windows 10 experience
skills: - Prefer 1 to 2 years of Service Desk and/or Deskside Support experience
- High School Degree, Associates degree or higher a plus.
- Aptitude for technical computer concepts
- Strong self-management and highly motivated individual
- Fast learner with a demonstrated attention to detail in previous positions.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time.
- Needs to be a Focused Team player, can self direct, not afraid to ask questions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain high levels of client
trust and confidence.
- Windows 7 OS and PC build past experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.