Sr. Java Developer
job summary: Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Java Developer for a 5+ month contract opportunity located in San Ramon, CA. Comments/Special Instructions
a. JEE experience with SOAP webservices and REST API's
b. Weblogic development
c. Familiar with code version management tools such as Bitbucket. Responsibilities:
- Delivers high-volume, low-latency applications for high performance and ability.
- Contributes to the entire development lifecycles, write well designed, testable and efficient code.
- Works closely with a specific client by developing, testing, supporting, and maintaining business critical applications.
- Supports a large, integrated software development team interfacing with analysts, architects, software engineers, end users and stakeholders to develop complex web applications leveraging J2EE/STRUTS, Oracle RDBMS, geospatial components, and business analytics.
- Works collaboratively within the project team and may also team lead a sub-track of the project.
- At all times, ensures technical quality, accuracy, thoroughness, efficiency and adherence to timelines during the delivery of the solutions.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Roles and responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains IT solutions for clients within an agile development lifecycle.
- Guides technical efforts of the onshore and rightshore team.
- Performs all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing.
- Anticipates issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately.
- Manages the scope, time, and quality throughout of the project life-cycle.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Facilitates and drives workshops and client meetings in order to help to translate business requirements into system design.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Undertakes quality review of others' code or designs.
- Structures and mentors team members to plan and execute tasks during development.
- Develops relationships with client technical developers and architects as a trusted advisor.
- Ability to influence technical tradeoffs with client stakeholders (e.g. cost versus flexibility, best practice design versus pragmatic design).
Required industry experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of systems development lifecycle experience
Required technical experience
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, SOA, data modeling techniques and SOAP.
- Proficient in one or more software products/vendor solutions such as: Interwoven, Vignette, Oracle RDBMS, SQLServer, (Oracle) Weblogic Platform, iPlanet, IBM WebSphere Platform, TIBCO, MQSI, BizTalk, Vitria, Informatica.
o Java: Java 1.6+, J2EE, JMS, Web Service, Rest-Webservice, JAX-WS, Junit
o XML/JSON: XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP, JAXB, JSON
o Spring-Framework (4.0) :
o Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Spring JMS, Spring Transactions, Spring AOP, Spring scheduler, Spring Testcase, Spring WS, Spring Validation with JSR303.
o DB/Persistence: JPA, Hibernate, Coherence, ehcache
o DB: Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL o App Server : Weblogic Server 12c, Tomcat 7.0+
o Tools: Rational Clearcase, Eclipse,Spring tool suite, ANT, Maven, Jenkins
o Os: Unix, Linux, Windows
- Sufficient knowledge in Object-oriented programming concept and design principles to create custom software solutions or modify package solutions with an agile development methodology.
- End-to-end experience in agile software development lifecycle.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and team members.
- Ability to abstract detail into larger (repeatable) patterns, familiarity with user-centered analysis and evaluation techniques.
- Very good communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and a responsible team-player.
skills: Required functional experience
- Experience in writing custom Java code. * Experience writing SOAP Web Services and REST API's
- 8+ years of Java development experience.
Required education and certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.