Focused, self-driven test engineer demonstrating up-to-date expertise in Mobile Software Testing practices and applies these to development, execution, and improvement of software quality
location: San Bruno, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 59 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate the willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
- Desired Skills: Experience with XCtest or Espresso Automation Framework.
- Bachelor's Degree and or experience in Computer Science or related field
- 3 plus years of experience testing scalable eCommerce Mobile applications
skills: MUST HAVE
- prior work with Mobile Platforms SDK's, iOS or Android
- Experience in the Swift Programming language or Java Programming language is a plus.
- Experience with Xcode IDE or Android Studio is required
- Focus on QA processes and metrics
- Experience with JIRA bug tracking tool is a Must
- Hands-on experience in UI Mobile automation is a plus
- The ability to debug mobile client and server interactions
- Basic understanding of REST API's
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Provides daily input and supports their perspective project team
- A self-motivated learner and builder with strong customer focus and obsession with quality
- Successful Candidate will join a team focused on mobile application development (Android, iOS, mobile applications)
- Identify and document test cases for multi-component systems from requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate with developers on bug fixes and required modifications.
- Execute test cases and document software defects.
- Take ownership of software defects from discovery through to closure.
- Good analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Provide Test Summary & Test Exit Reports.
- Assist in project requirements analysis.
- Documentation including reviewing Functional Specifications, Detailed Design documents, Unit Test documents and contributing to Test Specifications for Feature, System and Solutions Testing.
- Minimum 5 years experience with handset testing and handset platforms in particular Android, iOS, 3 to 5 years overall testing experience
- Experience with Usability, Functional and Regression testing.
- Have a testing mind-set with a passion for quality. Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to deliver quality documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills to focus on the tasks at hand.
- A good understanding of agile software development.
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook both within the team and when working alone.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.